Protective Measures and Precautions Against Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The outbreak of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is getting out of hand and affecting countries. Started from China, Coronavirus has now spread to numerous countries including Iran, the United Kingdom, Italy, and many more. It has also been declared a global viral issue for which the authorities are looking to deal with on an immediate basis.
While the situation is worse in many countries, it is a stressful time for even those people where the disease is not very active. In such a turbulent situation, you should know what you can do to protect yourself and your families. This is why ilaan.com is coming out of its regular domain to bring you the safety tips that you can use to stay healthy.
There are also some special recommendations for people who may be at a higher risk, which you may find below.
Limit the Spread of Germs to Prevent Infection
As recommended by the health officials, following are the tips that you can use to prevent the spread of coronavirus, as well as, any other respiratory virus:
- Avoid close contact with people having flu and cold.
- Try to stay at home when you are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, or nose.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds at least 3 times a day.
- Use hand sanitizer after every handwash.
- Cover your nose and mouth while going out or when coughing or sneezing and throw the tissue away after use.
- Don’t sneeze or cough on your hand but use your sleeves or elbow instead
- Practice good health habits. Be physically active, get plenty of sleep, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids and eat healthy food.
- Clean and disinfect doorknobs, handles, computers, mobile phones, bathroom sinks, counters, and other surfaces that are regularly touched around the home or workplace.
- Avoid shaking hands when it’s not necessary and try to cover your hand of the finger while touching something.
Also Read: Corona outbreak in Pakistan – Number of affected persons touches 20
There is a common misconception that COVID-19 can be prevented by wearing a facemask. It is not recommended to wear a facemask to protect against respiratory diseases including COVID-19. Facemasks are only recommended by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of this disease to others. However, the use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).
Prepare Your Household
Besides maintaining cleanliness around the home, you should also make sure to do somethings that you can do to prepare for any emergency. Many of these tips will help you prepare as the COVID-19 continues to spread in Pakistan.
- Maintain a healthy supply of food and other household items like laundry detergent, bathroom items, and diapers if you have small kids.
- Check to make sure you have at least a 30-day supply of your prescription medications, and have other health supplies on hand, including pain relievers, stomach remedies, cough and cold medicines, fluids with electrolytes and vitamins.
- Try to stay up to date on the national situation and share it with your community.
- If you care for older adults or children, plan and prepare for caring for them, should they or you become sick.
COVID-19 is a new viral infection and scientists and healthcare experts are still learning how it spreads, the severity of its illness, and to what extent it may spread in Pakistan. From the early research, it is learned that some people are at a higher risk of getting very sick from this virus. This includes people with serious chronic medical conditions like diabetes, lung disease, and heart disease besides senior people.
It is highly recommended to take the necessary precautions to stay healthy. The best thing you can do at this time is to keep a safe space between yourself and others. When you go out in public, keep away from others who are sick, limit close contact and wash your hands often. We, at ilaan.com, hope that the cure to this virus is discovered and it is cured for life