The Family Registration Certificate (FRC) is an official document issued by the National Regulatory Authority (NADRA), confirming an individual's identity and family structure.
This certificate is an essential prerequisite for obtaining a visa when traveling abroad. Additionally, possessing a NADRA Family Registration Certificate is essential when seeking power of attorney for real estate transactions conducted on behalf of someone else. We have you covered if you're interested in applying for the NADRA FRC but need more familiarity with the application process. This blog presents a comprehensive guide for applying for a NADRA Family Registration Certificate.
Eligibility for applying for the FRC includes:
- Individuals aged 18 years or older.
- Possess a valid identification card (NIC/CNIC/POC/NICOP).
For individuals born into families with everyone registered in the NADRA database, you need to provide the CNIC/NICOP/POC of your siblings and parents. Include pictures and a Child Registration Certificate.
For FRC By Marriage, when applying, provide the CNIC/NICOP/POC of your spouse and children, not your siblings and parents.
If a person is adopted, they need to submit the necessary documents of their guardian for the FRC.
How to Apply for FRC
There are two methods to apply for a NADRA Family Registration Certificate:
- In-person application at the NADRA Office
- Online Application through Pak Identity Website (NADRA's Web Portal)
To obtain your Family Registration Certificate (FRC), visit the nearest NADRA Registration Centre (NRC) and follow these steps:
- Obtain a token upon your arrival.
- When your token number is called, proceed to the designated counter for a photograph.
- Enter your information accurately, ensuring it aligns with the data in NADRA's database.
- Subsequently, the staff will print and provide you with your Family Registration Certificate (FRC).
Here’s how to apply for NADRA Family Registration Certificate Online
- Visit the Pak Identity website, which is NADRA’s online portal.
- Create an account there.
- Choose a relevant category to get started with your application.
- Fill in the online FRC application form with the required details.
- Pay the fee to apply for NADRA FRC online with the help of your Debit/Credit Card/NADRA’s e-Sahulat franchise.
- Upload a passport-size picture of yourself after putting your fingerprints on the online NADRA FRC form.
- When you submit the online FRC form, upload all the necessary documents.
In conclusion, obtaining your NADRA Family Registration Certificate is a straightforward process. Submit the required documents, Whether by birth, marriage, or adoption. The online option adds convenience, ensuring a quick turnaround. This essential document not only verifies family connections but also facilitates legal transactions. Follow the steps, and you'll have your FRC in hand.