Teams assembled to start construction of Naya Pakistan Projects
Islamabad: Prime Minister Imran Khan formed a high-powered National Coordination Committee on Housing, Construction, and Development to start the projects under the Naya Pakistan Housing Program, a news source reported.
The formed committee will work on the pattern of the National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) to fight the COVID19 outbreak in the country.
The formed developing Committee will also help in facilitating and coordinating the government’s policy objective of promoting construction and activities related to the development. This project is specially designed for the low-income sect of the society, as envisaged in the NPHP.
The formed committee consists of the following members:
- Chairman of Naya Pakistan housing and Development Authority (NPHDA)
- Secretaries of their representatives (not below than grade-21)
- Ministries of housing and works, planning and development, petroleum and law justice
- Deputy Governor of State Bank
- Chief secretaries of the provinces
- AJK and Gilgit-Baltistan or their representatives (Not below than BS-20)
- Chairman of the Federal Board of Revenue or their representative (not below than grade-21)
- Chairman of the Capital Development Authority
- Chief Commissioner of Islamabad Capital Territory
- Deputy Chairman of NPHDA
The chairman of NPHDA will be the convener of the committee and may adopt any other person from the public or private sector. This may include heads of housing authorities, representatives, stakeholders from the construction sites as a member of the committee if needed. NPHDA will provide the secretariat support to the committee by all measures. The committee will hold two meetings every week on Tuesday and Friday, but the convener has the right to increase the number of meetings, depending upon the project and the committee’s needs.
The terms of reference of the committee include the following factors:
- To assess the demand and supply situation of housing in general and construct affordable houses in particular
- To periodically review the progress of different housing and construction-related initiative in all provinces or country
- To identify the hindrances in the growth process of housing and construction activities with concrete recommendations or procedures for the removal of their relevant entities.
- To coordinate and issue the instructions for redressing of grievances regarding the housing and construction initiatives in the country including but to follow the limited permissions.
- NOC and provisions of utilities
- To make necessary decisions and issue instructions to representing ministries /departments/ divisions/ organizations, and monitoring progress and implementations.
- To keeping an eye and facilitating timely processing and approvals of housing, construction, and development projects
- To act as a focal point for inter-province, inter-ministerial, inter-agency, and inter-department coordination for the construction of all of the houses.
- To work on the policies related to the development and taking different initiatives across the country.